What is WEEE?
- The Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Regulations (2006 No. 3289) (WEEE) is a new UK legislation set up to address the environmental impact of waste electrical and electronic appliances.
- These regulations have been put in place to ensure that such items are recycled using best available treatment, recovery and recycling techniques to ensure human health and high environmental protection.
- Both chesssets.co.uk and our customers can support recycling waste electrical and electronic equipment.
- We cannot recycle it unless you return it, so our customers have an important role to play in helping us to recycle.
- chesssets.co.uk will undertake their responsibility as a Distributor to dispose of these items, in line with European legislation.
How do I know if my product is covered?
Please Look out for this symbol on your item
How do I recycle my old products?
- This symbol dictates that you can return waste electrical equipment to chesssets.co.uk when you are purchasing a new product from us under our distributor obligations.
- When you have finished with a WEEE specified item, please do not put in your domestic waste bin as it will not get recycled.
- Please contact us at email@example.com to arrange a convenient time for you to deliver the old item back to us (at no cost to you).
- Please quote your order number and describe the item that is to be returned for recycling.
- Please give details of the pick-up address and convenient times for collection.
- Please carefully package any item for collection in advance to avoid transit damage.
- We will then deal with the waste product in an environmentally responsible manner, at no cost to you.
- However, please be aware that the product has to be like for like (e.g. a chess clock for a chess clock).
The RoHS Directive
The RoHS Directive, aka EU Directive 2002/95/EGem>, came into affect on July 1st, 2006.
The RoHS directive mandates that electrical and electronic items put into the European market within EU states shall contain restrictive levels of the following substances:
- Lead (Pb)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Mercury (Hg)
- Hexavalent Chromium (Cr6+)
- Polybrominated Biphenyls (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ethers (PBDE)
chesssets.co.uk is fully committed to comply with the RoHS Directive. If you have any queries, please contact us.