Fantasical Isle of Lewis chess pieces presented on a European made Walnut and light Maple chessboard. The historical Isle of Lewis chess pieces we discovered deep in the sand on Uig bay, Isle of Lewis over two centuries ago. Today, the original set is on display in the UK and is undeniably one of the most important historical finds in Great Britain. These compact Lewis chess pieces are manufactured in a stone composite material and display quite remarkable detail for thier size. The chess pieces are supplied in a presentation box that features compartments for each figure and includes a parchment telling this fantastic story.
- Height of King : 6.4cm or 2 1/2 inches
- Width of board playing squares : 3.5cm
- Board dimensions : 31.5 x 31.5 x 0.9cm
- Total weight unpacked :2.1kg
- materials used : crushed stone composite, maple, walnut